Illinois Topo Map
Created By: Tsnake
Last Updated: January 16th, 2009 1:01pm
West: 91° East: 88°
Country: United States
Most Popular Maps
- My Trails-High Quality Trail and POI Maps
- Arizona Topo
- Florida Topo
- World Topo - Eastern
- World shaded relief kmz
Other Maps By Tsnake (See All)
The purpose of this venture is to create a detailed topographic map of the entire state of Illinois at 24k+ detail. This map is created by Tsnake for Garmin GPS receivers and Mapsource.
- Roads - Interstates, highways, arterial roads, residential roads, limited unpaved roads (2008 Tiger Data)
- High resolution water data - lakes, rivers, streams, and washes
- Land Usage
- Elevation contours - 10ft intervals (equivalent to or greater than 24k)
- 100k Grid Segments - no segment larger than 8.5mb means most older GPSr's can use this mapset
This map covers the entire state of Illinois.
Below is a picture of the map inside of mapsource (6.15.X):
This screenshot compares the Illinois Topo (left) to Garmin US Topo (middle) to Garmin Topo 2008 (rigth). With the exception of the DEM shading you can see that the Illinois Topo is significantly more detailed with more contours and better water data.
Two options exist; for windows download and run setup. The map will then appear in Garmin MapSource and can be added to your GPS by selecting it in MapSource and sending it to the GPSr. For Mac download the mac version, extract it and double click the .gmapi file. Map Manager will then install the map for you.
Version 1.0 (16 Jan 09)
- Initial release