Nevada Topo Map
Created By: -Oz-
Last Updated: January 10th, 2009 12:01am
West: -120.031° East: -114°
Country: United States
Most Popular Maps
Other Maps By -Oz- (See All)
The purpose of this venture is to create a detailed topographic map of the entire state of Nevada at 24k detail. This map is created for Garmin GPS receivers and Mapsource.
- Roads - Interstates, highways, arterial roads, residential roads, limited unpaved roads (2008 Tiger Data)
- High resolution water data - lakes, rivers, streams, and washes
- Federal Land Usage - Wilderness area, national parks, and military bases/ranges, native american reservations
- Borders - County and state boundary lines
- Elevation contours - 40ft intervals (equivalent to 24k)
- GNIS Points of Interest - summits, mines, falls, dams, cemeteries, towers, populated places, etc.
- Trails - trail coverage including all National Forests
- 100k Grid Segments - no segment larger than 6mb means most older GPSr's can use this mapset
This map covers the entire state of Nevada.
Below is a picture of the map inside of mapsource (6.14.X):
This screenshot compares the Nevada Topo (left) to Garmin US Topo (middle) to Garmin Topo 2008 (rigth). With the exception of the DEM shading you can see that the Nevada Topo is significantly more detailed.
Two options exist; for windows download and run setup. The map will then appear in Garmin MapSource and can be added to your GPS by selecting it in MapSource and sending it to the GPSr. For Mac download the mac version, extract it and double click the .gmapi file. Map Manager will then install the map for you.
Support The Effort
Although this map is free, and always will be if you find the map useful please consider making a donation to offset software, hardware, and hosting costs.
* You don't need paypal to donate but that is who will process the donation.
If you can't donate (or even if you can) another great way to help is by providing data for this map or other maps. If you have data please contact me.
Many resources were used to create this map, the main ones are listed here:
- USGS National Elevation Data (NED)
The NED is elevation data provided in raster form by the USGS.
- USGS National Hydrography Dataset
The USGS provides hydrographic data in high resolution.
- USGS National Geographic Names Information System (GNIS)
The USGS provides locations and names for many features throughout the United States.
- U.S. National Park Service: GIS Data and Metadata
The National Park Service provides limited data for its parks throughout Nevada.
Version 1.00 (10 Jan 09)
- Initial release