100k Quad Lists & DEM Links For Each State
Last updated April 20th, 2008 at 01:41pm
This article contains links to the same excel spreadsheets we use to create our detailed topo maps for each state. The spreadsheet contains a few columns which I will detail below. These files not only list all the 100k quads that a state contains but also have direct links to download the USGS 1/3' Arc Second NED (National Elevation Database) files for each quad.
What's In The Excel Files
The excel files contain columns A through J. Each column is described:
- quadname - the name of the 100k quad
- centlat - the central latitude of the quad
- centlong - the central longitude of the quad
- NORTH - the northern bound of the quad
- WEST - the western bound of the quad
- EAST - the eastern bound of the quad
- SOUTH - the southern bound of the quad
- DEM - I put an "X" in this cell when I've downloaded all the files for the quad so I can keep track
- NHD - I put the nhd id in this cell so that if the email for that quad never arrives I can request it again. Doing this is highly advisable
- USGS DEM LINK (ArcGrid) - copy this link into your web browser. It will then load all the DEM files to cover that quad (normally 4 files) in ArcGrid format (used in Global Mapper and some other programs).
- USGS DEM LINK (GeoTiff) - copy this link into your web browser. It will then load all the DEM files to cover that quad (250mb limit per file) in GeoTiff format (used in Dem2Topo and some other programs).
Each state in the continental United States has a file (plus Washington D.C.).
- New Hampshire.xls
- New Jersey.xls
- New Mexico.xls
- New York.xls
- North Carolina.xls
- North Dakota.xls
- Rhode Island.xls
- South Carolina.xls
- South Dakota.xls
- West Virginia.xls
If you have any issues or questions please post in our forums.